8.30am start for tool box meeting
Finally we get out bush!
This is a ‘tag-a-long’ day which means you follow us in your vehicle, in convoy. We will travel to one of our tenements close to town.
Today is all about the metal detector. By the end of the day your technique will be right, your set up will be right and your target pinpointing and retrieval will be spot on. The rest will be time on the ground and abit of luck!
You will need:
- To be fully self-sufficient with all the gear
you need for a day in the bush
including: food, water, spare tyre etc.
- A fully charged hand held UHF radio for communication.
- A metal detector and associated gear such as a pick and magnet, or we have metal detectors for hire (no charge for field day component of course).
- To wear appropriate clothing for a day in the bush.
- A GPS unit set to GDA 94 – OR navigational device.
- Lunch – Don’t forget to bring some tucker.
3.00pm depart and return to Goldtalk Leonora
Prospecting is as much about the friendships made as the gold found.
We invite you and your partner to come back to Goldtalk Leonora for the conclusion of the course and share in some drinks and snacks. We will provide non-alcoholic drinks and nibbly’s and you’re welcome to bring a preferred drink or two.
Conclusion of course.
In the event of bad weather, we reserve the right to cancel the field day. Your safety is our main priority and alternative arrangements will be made for this day if necessary.
NOTE:This day is a great opportunity to practice some of the skills you have just learnt and who knows you may find a nugget or two!